Devotional: Who is this man? Re-encountering Jesus through the eyes of a not-yet-believer

"And now for something completely different", as they say: I wrote a devotional, based on my experience of discovering the person of Jesus when I finally ready the Bible for myself as a young adult Atheist in France. I hope you enjoy it. It's 6 days, with a scripture and a reflection each day.


Who is this man? Re-encountering Jesus through the eyes of a not-yet-believer

When I finally read the Bible for myself, as a French atheist, there was something fresh and awe-inspiring about discovering the person of Jesus, and it was an important factor in my conversion to Christianity. So much of the drama in the Gospels comes from his followers (and his enemies!) looking at him, wondering “who is this man?” and slowly figuring it out. But because we think we already know the answer, we tend to miss that fun part of the story. So, I invite you to set aside your (correct) theology for a moment, and join them in just looking at what Jesus said and did, that made them ask: “who is this man, then?” and marvel.

To begin with Day 1 of 6, click here:

>>> Day 1: Who is this man? Overcoming familiarity



---
This devotional is written by Guillaume Bignon, author of Confessions of a French Atheist

Comments